- AO-Oil / AO-Grease
Watch lubricant is generally applied to watch movements during the manufacturing process.
As it ages, however, lubricant can cause watches to malfunction or stop entirely by gumming up, by corroding metal parts or by sticking to plastic parts.
AO-Oil・AO-Grease is a lubricant that Citizen Watch developed in-house specifically to solve these problems.
What does AO-Oil do?
- 1 Inhibits corrosion of metal and plastic parts
- 2 Stops clogging or thickening (maintains long-lasting lubricity)
- 3 Inhibits viscosity dependence on temperature (enhances energy efficiency and expands operating temperature range)
What makes AO-Oil and
- 1 Long-lasting with durability of 20-plus years
- 2 High corrosion resistance
- 3 High versatility: suitable for both engineering plastics and metals
- 4 Grease types: paste (AO-G08) and semi-solid (AO-G09)
Used for many years in MIYOTA watch movements, AO-Oil and AO-Grease have earned the trust of our customers with their consistently high quality. They can be used not just for watch movements and parts, but also for other precision components due to their exceptional quality and performance.
AO-Oil: Technical description
|Kinematic vicosity at -30 degree||mm2/sec||1,700||6,800||14,600|
|Kinematic vicosity at 0 degree||mm2/sec||170||550||1,050|
|Kinematic vicosity at 20 degree||mm2/sec||60||170||300|
|Kinematic vicosity at 40 degree||mm2/sec||25||70||120|
|Kinematic vicosity at 80 degree||mm2/sec||8||20||30|
|Kinematic vicosity at 100 degree||mm2/sec||5.3||12||18.5|
|Viscosity index||More than 140||More than 170||More than 170|
|TAN||mgKOH/g||Less than 0.15||Less than 0.15||Less than 0.15|
|Flash point||degree||More than 230||More than 230||More than 230|
|Pour point||degree||Less than -40||Less than -40||Less than -40|
|Heat resistance(120 degree/96h)||No change||No change||No change|
AO-Grease: Technical description
Example of use